Location: Kanata, ON
A little about the job
AirVM is the world’s leading cloud enablement software company. We build software that makes it incredibly simple for our solution providers, software companies and multi-tier channels to sell, brand, customize, manage and bill for their cloud services.
We are looking for a Development Manager with 10+ years of experience. Reporting into our CTO, you’ll be responsible for management of all our engineering activities, from architecture to new product development and client engineering. Candidates should have excelled as developers in the past and now moved on to managing the delivery of complex software products. You possess the ability to manage and drive teams and bring immense software development knowledge to the team. We need quick learners who are self-driven with a desire to quickly grow in their expertise and responsibility
We are looking for someone who:
• 5+ years’ experience as either software design manager or senior software design lead
• 7+ years’ software development experience building enterprise and web-based applications
• Excellent oral and written, communication, presentation and analytical skills to interact internally with the R&D, sales and operations teams and ability to manage high performance engineering teams.
• Strong engineering, architecture and new product development skills
• Cloud based applications
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer science
• Is looking for a new challenge at a proven start-up
• Has both engineering wherewithal and business acumen to strategize and deliver differentiated software solutions
• Has experience with developing using micro-service architectures in cloud environments with a strong understanding of Linux. Experience with PHP, Python, MySQL and NOSQL databases would be helpful.
Our employees must possess the following:
• Ability to define and drive the sprints, software releases, and their correlation to the overall product roadmap
• Experience with the software development lifecycle process and has delivered software products before, including creating and documenting requirements, prioritizing needs and driving team collaboration and accountability
• Manage the product release process to ensure new releases are tested, documentation and training is provided for marketing and sales, and deployments have operational support
• Has an understanding of the cloud industry including cloud business challenges and needs as well as cloud technology trends and solutions, in particular VMware, AWS and Azure
Have these skills and your odds go up!
• Understanding of IAAS and Virtualization
• Experience in product management of cloud services (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, DaaS, BUaaS, DRaaS)
• Experience with cloud commercialization enablement platforms
If you’re interested, email your resume to us at email@example.com.